Forehead Contouring / Forehead Augmentation Surgery in Bangkok, Thailand
Despite the differences in appearance between women's foreheads and men’s foreheads, it is possible to change men’s forehead features to give them the more feminine look by forehead contouring or forehead augmentation surgery. Typically, women have curved, rounded and well-contoured foreheads, arching brows with little or no brow bones protruding. By comparison, men’s foreheads are generally wider and higher with a receding hairline. In addition, men often have raised thicker brow bones located lower on the foreheads. For your consideration, our highly-skilled and specialized surgeons offer the following procedures:
- Forehead Contouring
- Brow Bossing Contouring
- Brow Reduction
Figure 1: Forehead Contouring
There are 3 categories for forehead contouring:
Procedure 1: Forehead contouring is an implantation at the mid forehead area to improve the curve of forehead profile. There are options for implanted material: Injectable material, fat graft or permanent implants.
Procedure 2: Forehead contouring is a bone shaving procedure at above the eye area or brow bossing, and the frontal sinus area, by using contouring bur. The bone can be reduced approximately 3-5 mm. The incision is on the scalp behind the hairline .
Procedure 3: Forehead bone contouring is a bone compression at the outer table of frontal bone in front of frontal air sinus. The procedure is preserved for those who have prominent forehead bone and deep set eyes.
We provide many kinds of material to make a perfect forehead appearance such as:
- Fat Injection
- Bone Cement
- e-PTFE (Gore-Tex)
- Silicone sheet
- PMMA Customized Implant
Figure 3: Positioning of Material for Forehead Implantation
Forehead Augmentation Procedures :
In order to modify a high and flat forehead into a contoured, gentle, and feminine looking forehead, the following procedures are available:
1. Fat Injection, the surgeon will suck the fat cell from many parts of the patient’s body such as the stomach, thighs, under arms; to extract the fat cells for injection into the forehead area, and adjust the forehead to be rounded and full. This procedure can be undergone by local anesthesia. The disadvantage of this method is the injected fat will be disintegrated within 1 to 2 years.
2. Bone Cement, one of materials known as Polymethylmethacrylate or PMMA with high qualities that do not irritate or dangerous to the body tissues. The surgeon prefers to use this material that is easy to adjust the shape. Duration time of this procedure is approximately 2-3 hours
3. e-PTFE (Gore-Tex), one of materials which is a synthetic substance in the same group as Polytetrafluoroethylene (e-PTFE) that triggers minimal immune reaction from the body and can be placed inside the body as a vascular graft. ePTFE is a porous material, our tissue will invest to the porous after surgery , made the ePTFE implant stable at the position. The more advantage of ePTFE is a flexible , strong, conformable and easy-to-handle material.
4. Silicone sheet, this material is not popular because it is inflexible and difficult to adjust the shape. For surgeries involving Bone Cement (2) or e-PTFE (4), the surgeon will make an above the ear to ear incision behind hair line and insert the desired material inside before closing the wound by stitching. These procedures create a sizable scar and may numbness lasting up to 3 to 6 months after the surgery. The duration of the surgery is approximately 2 to 3 hours.
5. PMMA Customized Implant, It comes from Poly methyl methacrylate. These implants are designed specifically for each patient to correct trauma and /or defects in maxillofacial or craniofacial bone. The high technology offers excellent anatomical fit and contour allowing surgeons to create exceptional cosmetic results. This procedure is taken a shorter time than other procedure, and the shape and size is fit for each patient, decreases the risk from asymmetry.
Risk and Complication of forehead augmentation
When performed by a qualified, experienced cosmetic surgeon, forehead augmentation is associated with very few complications. Possible risks include infection from fat graft or implant or incision area, hematoma (internal bleeding), shift in implant position (It can fixed by screws), poor scarring, and side effects from anesthesia
How is Forehead implant surgery performed?
When performed by a qualified, experienced cosmetic surgeon, forehead augmentation is associated with very few complications. Possible risks include infection from fat graft or implant or incision area, hematoma (internal bleeding), shift in implant position (It can fixed by screws), poor scarring, and side effects from anesthesia.
How is Forehead implant surgery performed?
Forehead Implants surgery is usually performed using general anesthesia. Incision line is made behind hairline 1-2 cm. Through this incision, the cosmetic surgeon creates space for the forehead implant and fits it cover a forehead bone.
Forehead augmentation surgery alone typically takes 1 hour to perform. Following surgery, the incision is closed with sutures and the forehead may be bandaged.
To control a pain by medication or cold compresses is easy. You will need to sleep face-up, with your head elevated, at least 1 to 2 weeks after surgery to help control post-op swelling and protect your healing incisions. Strenuous activity can be resumed within 3 to 4 weeks after forehead augmentation. Results look close to final within one month after surgery, and are considered final after about 3 months, when residual swelling has subsided.