Face Surgery / Facial contouring
in Bangkok, Thailand
Everyone wants to look beautiful and attractive. One of the essential concerns is then to have a perfect facial shape, which requires the right proportion, balance, symmetry, clarity, and harmony.
Facial surgery can improve the stability of facial proportions by adjusting the forehead, nose, cheekbone, jaw, and chin. In addition to facial structure adjustment, you can add youthful radiance with the bright eyes and sexy lips
The facial proportions can be equally divided by separated Vertical lines into five parts from the left edge to the right side of the face.
Horizontal lines divide the face into three equal parts from hairline to chin as follows:
- The upper part starts from the top of the hairline to the eyebrows, and the proportion should be around 1/3 of the entire face length.
- The middle part begins from the eyebrows to the nose tip. The ratio should be approximately 1/3 of the whole range.
- The lower part starts from the nose tip to the chin. The proportion should be around 1/3 of the entire face length.
Picture 1: The face proportions divided by horizontal and vertical lines
1. The upper part of facial surgery includes:
- A hair transplant (See more)
- Hairline lowering (See more)
- Eyebrow lift (See more)
- Forehead contouring, Forehead shaving (See more)
- Forehead augmentation (See more)
Picture 2: The Upper Part of Facial Surgery
2. The middle part of facial surgery includes:
- Blepharoplasty (See more)
- Rhinoplasty (See more)
- Cheekbone Reduction, Zygomatic Reduction (See more)
- Cheekbone Augmentation (See more)
Picture 3: The Middle Part of Facial Surgery
3. The lower part of facial surgery includes:
- Lips Reshaping (See more)
- Chin Reduction (See more)
- Chin Augmentation (See more)
- Jaws Reduction (See more)
- Jaws Augmentation (See more)
Picture 4: The Lower Part of Facial Surgery
Preparing for facial surgery
- Consult with the plastic surgeon who has highly skilled and experienced for adjusting facial structure that is high risk and complication. You will discuss your surgical goals, medical condition, and treatments
- The surgeons will evaluate your general health status from a blood test, chest x-ray, facial CT scan. You will consult with an anesthesiologist if you need to perform under general anesthesia.
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs, and herbal supplements as they can increase bleeding and bruising at least two weeks
- Stop smoking at least two weeks
- Stop eating and drinking at least 6 hours before surgery.
Post-operative care for face surgery
- Keep the head elevated for a few days after surgery to reduce swelling.
- Apply ice compresses to your face for 30 minutes a time throughout a few days of recovery to reduce swelling and ease discomfort.
- If you have the surgical incision in oral, often use mouthwash to keep the mouth moist and prevent infection.
- Use facial compression garment to support your face at least one month to reduce swelling and adjust a face shape.
- Keep clean the surgical wound, and can shampoo after surgery two days
- Seven days after surgery take stitches off, and you can go back to work as usual after surgery two weeks
- Avoid heavy exercise for at least one month.
- Follow all post-operative instructions and all post-operative appointment
Risk and Complication for Face surgery
The possible side effect of face surgery will be as follows:
- Infection from a surgical wound or the implants
- Numbness will happen form surgical wound, or around. It will be resolve within a few weeks, and some may find it takes several months
- Painful, it will be applied ice compresses or takes a pain killer
- Nerve damage will have occurred, it can recover in a few weeks or takes several months
- Facial asymmetry
- Implant failure will happen from infection or body reject
- Poor healing
- Tissue necrosis comes from poor blood circulation