Chin Enhancement / Chin Implant Surgery / Chin Augmentation
in Bangkok, Thailand
The proportions of the chin and jawline are fundamental to a balanced and attractive face. For those with a weak jawline, chin enhancement is a surgical procedure to make the chin more prominent and attractive. It is a very good surgery to do for transgender patients as male and female chins are quite different. Men's chins are often relatively wide, thick and flat compared to those of women who’s chins tend to be narrower, more pointed and curved. We offer the following procedures for chin implants:
Material for chin Implant
- Gore-Tex (e-PTFE)
- Med pore
- PMMA Customized implant
A Good Candidate for Chin Enhancement
You may be the right candidate if you want..
- To Improve the facial harmony and improve overall looks and beauty.
- To correct a weak or recessed chin.
- To improve the prominence of the neck and jawline.
- To reduce the appearance of a full or double chin caused by a small chin bone.
Preparation for Chin Implant Surgery / Chin forward sliding
Proper preparation for Chin implant surgery or chin forward sliding will make a good result with less complication and recovery time. You should consult your surgeon about your achieved goal.
- Physical examination or lab tests, chest X-ray, blood test, and EKG if you are over 40 years old to confirm you are healthy.
- Stop smoking for at least two weeks before surgery
- Stop taking any anti-inflammatory drugs such as aspirin, Ibuprofen Vitamins or herbs that interfere with blood clotting at least two weeks before surgery
- Plan for your recovery. Chewing will be difficult for up to a week after surgery. You should have some soup and liquid food available.
Chin enhancement creates a well-proportioned and balanced look for the face. There are many procedures for chin advancement but the two most popular ones are:
- Enhancement with chin implant surgery.
- Enhancement by chin forward sliding.
Incision of Chin Enhancement:
- Inside the mouth –The scar is hidden.
- Underneath the chin. Less popular because the scar is visible.
Picture 1: Incision Inside the Mouth
Picture 2: Incision Underneath the Chin
1. Procedure for Chin Implant Surgery
Chin implant is a popular procedure for patients who require little to medium augmentation with height not exceeding 0.5 cm (5 mm). Chin implants are a simple surgery. They take around 45 minutes under local anesthesia. The patient may leave immediately after the surgery. If the patient needs a large chin implant a general anesthesia is usually preferred as the surgeon has to fix screws to prevent the implant from moving. The patient will require one night in the hospital.
Picture 1: Before and after Chin Implant surgery
2. Chin forward sliding
This procedure is available for patients with an extremely short chin. The surgery extends the jaw forward. This procedure takes about 2 hours under general anesthesia. The patient is required to stay one night in the hospital. The recovery period is about 2 to 3 weeks.
Picture 2: Before and after by Chin forward sliding
- Only consume liquid food for the first 24 hours after surgery and then soft food for one week.
- Keep the oral cavity clean by using mouthwash.
- Elevate your head to decrease the swelling for the first week after surgery.
- Avoid smoking.
- Wear supplied facial compression garment for 24 hours a day in the first few days following surgery and then wear it for a further week after surgery to decrease swelling.
- Avoid strenuous activity for one month after the surgery.
- It usually is possible to go back to school or work one week after the surgery, and the wound heals within 4-8 weeks.
Risks and complications for Chin Implant Surgery / Chin Forward Sliding
Chin implant and chin forward sliding are safe and straightforward procedures providing highly qualified surgeons perform them. Although exceptionally rare, risks and complications include the following:
- Nerve Injury
- Pain after surgery
- Some bone loss
- Scarring if the incision scar underneath
- Unsatisfied with the result.
- The risk from general anesthesia
Recovery for Chin Implant Surgery/ Chin Forward Sliding
The procedure itself takes one to two hours and the patient will then spend one night in the hospital. It usually is possible to go back to school or work one to two weeks after the surgery and the wound will completely heal within 1-2 months.
Result Chin Implant Surgery/ Chin Forward Sliding
Most patients are satisfied with the outcome. There are many types of chin enhancement procedures, though all of them involve operating on the lower jawline and chin area to improve the facial proportions. In any case, it is essential to consider other parts of the face to include the jaw, cheeks, and forehead to ensure a balanced look and harmony.