Body Contouring Surgery
in Bangkok, Thailand
Body contouring can improve the shape and proportion of your body, enhancing your appearance and boosting your self-confidence. Body contouring surgery includes many types of different body sculpting techniques used by plastic surgeons to reshape almost any area of the body. Through body sculpting surgery, patients can effectively eliminate excess fat and skin that are unresponsive to diet and exercise
Plastic surgeons provide a variety of body sculpting techniques to help their patients achieving lean, toned figures, including liposuction, tummy tuck, and body lift surgery.
Arms lift (Brachioplasty)
Arm lift / Brachioplasty is a procedure used to remove excess skin at the upper arm. Skin commonly loses its elasticity throughout the arms as a result of natural aging or rapid weight loss. Arm lift surgery tightens, and contouring the upper arms can restore a youthful contour. Patients with excess fat on their arms may elect to have liposuction performed in conjunction with other cosmetic procedures for even more dramatic results. Many patients, who had previously been fearful of wearing revealing clothing or of raising their arms over their heads, report an increase in self-confidence after the procedure (see more)
Picture 1. Shows before and after Arm lift
Patients with extensive amounts of excess or hanging skin in multiple areas of the body may benefit from a more general and larger-scale body lift procedure. The extensive body lift procedures can target the entire body (a total body lift) or specific regions (upper, mid, or lower body lifts). Complete body lifting is useful in patients who have lost skin elasticity all over their bodies. Although full-body lift surgery is a complex surgery requiring an extended period of recovery, doctors are often able to achieve the best overall aesthetic results with this treatment. There are two options for body lift as pictures. (see more)
Picture 2: Positioning of lower body lift incision
Picture 3. Positioning of body lift scar
A woman’s breasts profile often changes the shape, size, or ptosis. Because of losing skin elasticity and firmness leads to breast ptosis. Breast lift or Mastopexy is a surgical procedure to upward, reshape, and tighten the breasts. Sometimes the areola becomes too oversize. The surgeon will reduce to balance at the same operation. A breast lift cannot make the upper part of the breast looks fuller. (see more)
A variety of incision patterns that will determine from breast size and shape and the size and position of areolar includes a degree of ptosis and skin elasticity.
- The incision around areolar, vertical down from the areolar to breast crease and horizontally along the breast crease. ( Inverted T -Scar)
Picture4. Shows breast lift by inverted T-scar
Thighplasty, or thigh lift surgery is a popular cosmetic surgery option for patients seeking firmer, more attractive upper legs. Like other areas specific body lifts, Thighplasty helps tone and tighten excess, loose, or hanging skin. Several different types of thigh lift procedures may perform, depending upon the patient's needs and goals. Surgeons can use a bilateral, medial, or inner thigh lift to remove excess skin safely. Thigh lift surgery is commonly performed in conjunction with liposuction surgery for even better results. (see more)
Picture 5. Shows incision scar of the inner thigh lift
Picture 6. Shows incision scar of the outer thigh lift
Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)
The tummy tuck, or abdominoplasty, is a unique body sculpting surgery that combines the removal of excess skin and fat from the midsection with the surgical tightening of the abdominal muscles. Abdominoplasty is typically offered as an individual procedure, but may also be performed during full-body lift surgery. (see more)
Areas of the body with unwanted fat, excess skin and cellulite can be effectively treated with a variety of surgical body sculpting techniques and cellulite reduction treatment options. For those who struggle with a combination of excess skin and fat, removal through surgery is an excellent choice. Read on to learn more about plastic surgery procedures and skin treatments that can help tone, slim, and smooth your figure.
Picture 7. Shows procedure of tummy tuck with umbilical transposition and repairing the sagging abdominal muscles
A good candidate for body contouring
- If you have excess fat and skin following weight loss
- If you have almost the achieved weight
- Realistic expectation
- A non-smoker
Preparation for body contouring
- Consult a bariatric surgeon to control the weight almost the goal, and then consult a plastic surgeon to eliminate the excess fat and skin
- Check lab test, and physical evaluation
- Adjust some medication before surgery
- Stop smoking
- Avoid taking Aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements that may increase bleeding
Procedure for body contouring
- Anesthesia step, by general anesthesia
- The incision will make due to the area of excess fat and skin. The experienced surgeon will evaluate to make the large incision for hiding the scar as much as possible. The body contouring will perform many times to be complete the body appearance. Maybe take a few years. The surgeon will remove fat and sagging skin in each part. And adjust the body proportion to balance and look good.
- Suture the incision.
Post-operative for body contouring
- Take compression garment to be worn to several weeks following the surgery to support the body, decrease swelling, and seroma.
- Temporary swelling and bruising can occur for a few weeks after surgery.
- Keep clean the wound.
- You will take medicine to follow the instruction.
- The patients will need to follow your surgeon's instructions carefully and be on the lookout for any signs of complications.
- Slightly move within two weeks following surgery.
- Avoid bending, straining, or lifting for a week.
- If you have your abdominal and thigh surgery, you will elevate your knees when you sleep. This position will decrease leg swelling.
- To minimize the risk of DVT, blood clots in the leg, you need to walk as soon as possible.
- Drink a lot of water to increase blood circulation.
- Stitches removed 7 days after surgery.
Risk and complication for body contouring
The risk and complication will be possible as follow;
- Scaring, you can have a visible scar.
- Bruising and swelling
- Numbness or altered shin sensation
- Allergic reactions will have occurred from anesthesia, gauze, tape, or other material.
- Poor wound healing may come from wound separation, that can re-suture, but it will extend the healing time
- Seroma( the fluid following the surgery) will be accumulated in some areas. It can remove by a surgical drain tube.
- Skin necrosis
- DVT ( Deep vein thrombosis)
Recovery for body contouring
The recovery times vary significantly by which procedures are done during your surgery. The patients will need to take several weeks s for recovery and return to work at least two weeks. You need to take a rest and post-operative care during this time. You can resume light activity. Recovery time in each patient is slightly different, depend on the variation in the procedures and individual rate of healing.