Rhinoplasty / Nose Job
in Bangkok, Thailand
The nose shape of each person will vary depending on ethnicity, gender, heredity. Some people have a big nose, high hump, crooked nose, etc. Make they feel not confident, would like to have an enhanced and emphasized nose, get on all proportions to their face. The artistic surgeon will design and adjust the nose to suit each individual only.
Picture 1. Shows anatomy of the nose
Rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure that adjusts the shape, size, and appearance of the nose. Sometimes, it can improve breathing. The upper portion of the structure of the nose is bone, and the lower portion is cartilage. Rhinoplasty can change bone, cartilage, and skin. There are many techniques for a nose job or rhinoplasty. Some may have used many techniques together to achieve success and expected.
Therefore, a nose job or rhinoplasty must choose an experienced and highly skilled surgeon to customized the shape. The structure of the nose is related to the other parts of the face, such as the sinus bone cavity cheekbone, etc. If the surgeon does not have enough expertise, may cause undesirable side effects and complication after surgery.
A Good Candidate for Rhinoplasty
You may be the right candidate if you:
- Want to improve nose appearance
- Facial growth is complete
- Physically healthy
- Realistic expectation
- Don't smoke
- Know the risk and complication of rhinoplasty well
There are various Nose job or Rhinoplasty techniques. The surgeon is an expert in nose correction. The nose shape adjustment will consider the original nose structure. Then, design and create a new shape that suitable for the whole face as much as possible. Some may have used many techniques together to achieve success and expected.
Kamol cosmetic hospital, we offer many procedures of rhinoplasty are as follows:
1. Rhinoplasty by reducing the height of the nose bridge
The nose is a delicate procedure using general anesthesia to cut the nasal bones and reduce the slant of the nose, which was previously too big, too high, or not properly curved. This surgery makes the nose look shapelier and have a suitable height for the face. The scars will be inside the nostrils. The operation takes about 2-3 hours. Overnight hospital admission is required. With one week recovery period.
Picture 2. Shows before and after rhinoplasty by reducing the height of the nose bridge
2. Rhinoplasty by reducing nasal hump
Some patients have a masculine nasal hump, which can be corrected. This procedure leaves the scars hidden inside the nostrils if the hump is not too large and may undertake using local anesthesia. However, if it is a and thick nose hump, such that the surgeon will need the specialized equipment, then general anesthesia is required. The surgery takes about 1-2 hours, one night in the hospital with one week recovery period.
Picture 3. Shows before and after rhinoplasty by reducing nasal hump
3. Rhinoplasty, by adjustment to the length of the nasal tip
is an aesthetic procedure that reduces the length of the nose tip (cartilage), making the appropriate adjustment to its length. This procedure will perform under local or general anesthesia. The incision will open from inside the nostrils; thus, no scars will be visible. The surgery takes about one hour, and the patient may return home immediately after the surgery is done by under local anesthesia with a week's recovery period.
Picture 4. Shows before and after rhinoplasty by reducing the length of the nasal tip
4. Rhinoplasty by nose tip correction
is a procedure to modify large, wide, flat nostrils to make them look smaller, more attractive, and feminine. The surgeon makes the adjustments and stitches the cartilage at the nose tip, making it slimmer and slightly lifted. This procedure can perform under local anesthesia. The surgery takes about one hour. The patient may return home immediately after the surgery with one week recovery period.
Picture 5. Shows before and after rhinoplasty by nose tip correction
5. Rhinoplasty by lateral Osteotomy
is a procedure to narrow the lateral wall of the nose, close and open-roof deformity after nasal hump reduction, and create symmetry by allowing straightening of the nasal bone framework.
Picture 6. Shows before and after rhinoplasty by lateral Osteotomy
6. Rhinoplasty by nose tip rotation, drooping nose tip, nasal tip ptosis correction
is a procedure to adjust the tip of the nose upward, increasing the angle between the upper lip and edge of the nose
Picture 7. Shows before and after rhinoplasty by drooping nose tip correction
7. Rhinoplasty by using a spreading graft
is a procedure to use alar cartilages as a spreader graft to improve endo- nasal function deficiencies.
Picture 8. Shows before and after rhinoplasty by using a spreading graft
8. Rhinoplasty by septoplasty
is a surgical procedure to correct a deviated septum. Septoplasty straightens the septum, allowing for better airflow.
Picture 9. Shows before and after rhinoplasty by septoplasty
9. Rhinoplasty by Perinasal augmentation
is a surgical procedure that raises the upper nasolabial line. The incision scar in oral around 1cm. and then inserts an implant in the sunken area around the side nostrils to relieve sunken wrinkles and to make your mouth, which seems to be full.
Picture 10. Shows before and after rhinoplasty by using perinasal implant
is the rectification and modification of the nose of those who have unusually wide nostrils. This procedure can perform under local anesthesia. The surgery takes around 30 minutes. The patient may leave immediately after the surgery with a one week recovery period. (see more)
Picture 11. Shows before and after rhinoplasty by alarplasty
Preparing for Rhinoplasty
- You need to have consulted with your surgeon about whether rhinoplasty is appropriate for you and what it can achieve
- Physical examination, blood test, chest X-ray, electrolytes, HIV
- CT scan will be required
- Stop smoking and drinking alcohol for at least one week
- Stop some medicines, vitamin, or herbs that interfere with blood clotting, such as aspirin
Post-operative Care for Rhinoplasty
After surgery, you need to rest in bed with your head raised higher than your chest, to reduce bleeding and swelling. In some cases, the surgeon also tapes a splint to your nose for protection and support. The splint usually keeps for one week.
- Take baths instead of showers while you have bandages on your nose
- Avoid strenuous activities at least two weeks
- Avoid extreme facial expression, such as smiling or laughing
- Brush your teeth gently to limit movement of your upper lip
- Do not rest eyeglasses or sunglasses on your nose for at least four weeks after surgery
- Temporary swelling or bruising can occur for two to three weeks after nasal surgery
- Do not put anything such as ice or cold packs on your nose after surgery
- Follow all post-operative instructions and attend all post-operative appointments
Risk and Complication for Rhinoplasty:
Like any major surgery, there are risks associated with bleeding, infection, damage to forehead bone structures, facial asymmetry, and an adverse reaction to anesthesia. Other complications might include:
- Suture rupture along an incision line
- Visible scarring
- Fluid accumulation beneath the skin (seroma)
- A substantial swelling of clotted blood within your tissues (hematoma)
- Dissatisfaction with appearance after surgery
- Facial nerve injury
You will have a nasal splint for a few days after surgery. You can expect swelling and some bruising around the eyes after surgery. It will be better after a week. You can go back to work after two weeks, avoid strenuous exercise for at least two weeks. For the final result, most of the swelling will disappear within a year. The reshaping in the nasal structure is going to make a significant difference but take time to settle.