in Bangkok, Thailand
The nose is the center of the face. Many people prefer to have an attractive nose, and there is such thing as a perfect nose. Rhinoplasty can enhance facial features and emphasize your unique and natural beauty. A plastic surgeon can explain the facial features that make you a unique.
Rhinoplasty is surgery that changes the shape, size, and appearance of the nose. It can improve breathing. The upper portion of the structure of the nose is bone, and the lower portion is cartilage. Rhinoplasty can change bone, cartilage, skin or all three. Talk to your surgeon about whether rhinoplasty is appropriate for you and what it can achieve.
Figure 2. Before revision rhinoplasty
Figure 3. After revision rhinoplasty
The revision rhinoplasty requires various forms of surgery and the surgeon will consider the original form and shape of the nose and the following modifications will be made.
Preparing for the surgery
- You need to have consulted with your surgeon.
- Physical and psychological examination, blood test, chest X-ray, electrolytes, HIV, liver function, kidney function.
- CT scan will be required.
- Stop smoking and drinking alcohol for at least one week.
- Stop some medicines, vitamin or herbs that interferes with blood clotting such as aspirin.
Kamol cosmetic hospital we offer many procedures of rhinoplasy are as follows:
1. Rhinoplasty to lower the slant of the nose nose is a delicate procedure using general anesthesia in order to cut the nasal bones and reduce the slant of the nose which was previously too big, too high or not properly curved. This surgery makes the nose look shapelier and have a suitable height for the face. The scars will be inside the nostrils. The surgery takes about 2-3 hours. An overnight hospital admission is required with one week recovery period.
2. Rhinoplasty with nasal hump reduction. Some patients have a masculine nasal hump which can be corrected. This procedure leaves the scars hidden inside the nostrils if the hump is not too large and may be undertaken using local anesthesia. However, if it is very large and thick such that the special equipment must be used, then general anesthesia is required. The surgery takes about 1-2 hours and the patient may return home immediately after the surgery (in case of local anesthesia) with one week recovery period.
3. Rhinoplasty with nose length reduction is an aesthetic procedure that reduces the length of the nose tip (cartilage), making appropriate adjustment to its length. This will be done under local anesthesia. The incision will be opened from inside the nostrils, thus no scars will be visible. The surgery takes about one hour, and the patient may return home immediately after the surgery with one week recovery period.
4. Rhinoplasty with nose tip modification is a procedure to modify large, wide, flat nostrils to make them look smaller, more attractive and feminine. The surgeon makes the adjustments and stitches the cartilage at the nose tip, making it slimmer and slightly lifted. This procedure can be performed under local anesthesia. The surgery takes about one hour. The patient may return home immediately after the surgery with one week recovery period.
5. Rhinoplasty with lateral Osteotomy is a procedure to narrow the lateral wall of the nose, close and open-roof deformity after nasal hump reduction and create symmetry by allowing straightening of nasal bone framework.
6. Rhinoplasty with nose tip rotation, drooping nose tip, nasal tip ptosis is a procedure to adjust the tip of the nose upward, increasing the angle between the upper lip and edge of the nose
7. Rhinoplasty with spreading graft is a procedure to use alar cartilages as spreader graft to improve endo nasal function deficiencies
8. Rhinoplasty with Septoplasty is a surgical procedure to correct a deviated septum. Septoplasty straightens the septum, allowing for better air flow
9. Rhinoplasty with peri-nasal augmentation
10. Alarplasty is the rectification and modification of the nose of those who have unusually wide nostrils. This procedure can be performed under local anesthesia. The surgery takes about 30 minutes. The patient may leave immediately after the surgery with one week recovery period.
Risk and Complication
- Suture rupture along an incision line
- Visible scarring
- Fluid accumulation beneath the skin (seroma)
- A solid swelling of clotted blood within your tissues (hematoma)
- Dissatisfaction with appearance after surgery
- Facial nerve injury
Post-operative Care for Rhinoplasty
After surgery you need to rest in bed with you head raised higher than your chest, to reduce bleeding and swelling. In some cases, the surgeon also tapes a splint to your nose for protection and support. The splint is usually kept for one week.
- Take baths instead of showers while you have bandages on your nose
- Avoid strenuous activities
- Avoid extreme facial expression, such as smiling or laughing
- Brush your teeth gently to limit movement of your upper lip
- Do not rest eyeglasses or sunglasses on your nose for at least four weeks after surgery
- Temporary swelling or bruising can occur for two to three weeks after nasal surgery
- Do not put anything such as ice or cold packs on your nose after surgery
For the final result, most of the swelling will be gone within a year.
The change in the structure of the nose is going to make a significant difference, but this takes
time to settle.