Many people don’t like their bodies and after months of work out and diet control, some fail to get enough improvement to their shapes and start to look for an alternative. One surgery that improves your body line is liposuction. Liposuction is a surgery that will help you achieved a better body contour with less effort than diet and exercise. Today we will talk about how to get ready for liposuction.
1. Before you see a surgeon, do some researches on the plastic surgeons, hospitals and clinics that you plan to consult and also the procedure on websites and write down the questions that you might have. There are many places that can do the procedure, narrow it down to couples of places that you will have consultation. The more you consults, the more understanding about your expected result.
2. You have to know where in your body you want to improve and you should look at photos to see how you want to look and bring that photo to your plastic surgeon. The surgeon will be able to see your expectation and tell you the possibility that you can achieved your goal with the procedure.
3. When you consult your surgeon, you should ask him about the details of the procedure, expected results, things that you have heard about the procedure, what is the alternative if you don’t want this surgery, questions that you may have from your research and you can also ask the surgeon about his experience in the procedure. You will get some idea and feeling toward the surgeon while listening to the answers and explanations. You have to judge for yourself, if you want to undergo the surgery with him or her. Remember that you can always get another opinion.
4. Don’t forget to mention your underlying diseases, allergies and past operations to the surgeon.
5. Duration on stay depend on the extensiveness of liposuction. In some case with minimal area for liposuction can be done as out-patient case and make sure that you have someone taking care of you when you going home. Multiple areas or large volume liposuction will need hospitalization for observation.
6. Post-operative garment should be worn at least 3 months after surgery.
After you have consulted a plastic surgeon and before you decide to do the surgery, please take your time to ask yourself if this is what you really want. If you are not sure of the answer then use more time to think it over.