What is P-Shot?
P-shot or Priapus Shot is a process of PRP- injection at the penis. The growth factors in your blood activate unipotent stem cells to cause new fibroblast proliferation, migration and activation, penile tissue remodeling, neovascularization, adipocyte multiplication, and enlargement
Procedure of P-Shot
The procedure done is typically takes less than half an hour time. P-shot procedure is a painless procedure and can be performed under local anesthesia or in some cases with sedation. The total time of examination and injection is usually less than 10-15 minutes and requires repeat injection about three times within three months.
A good candidate for P-Shot
Any male who has difficulty in attaining or maintaining an erection due to effects resulting from unknown reasons, prostate surgery, diabetes mellitus, side effects from medications such as anti-hypertensives, or anti-depressants may be a candidate for the P-Shot procedure. The P-Shot has been used as an alternative treatment in cases including:
- erectile dysfunction (ED)
- lichen sclerosis
- Peyronie’s disease, a condition in which scar tissue makes the penis curve when it’s erect
- penis enhancement
- general sexual function, performance, and orgasm enhancement
Preparation for P-Shot
- consultation with the doctor about your expectation
- The patient’ s penis must be cleaned without any infection
- Stop taking anti-inflammatory medication such as Ibuprofen, Aspirin at least two weeks, or some vitamin and herbal supplements that may increase bleeding during and after the procedure.
- Keep on cleaning the treatment area after urination with sanitary wipes after 12 hours
- You can have sexual intercourse 24 hours after the procedure
- Within a day after the process, the patient will be able to walk around and do the regular gentle activity
Risk and complications
The risk and complications are sporadic including
It’s painless and comes with minimal post-procedural discomfort. Patients can go back to work in a day and have sexual intercourse one day after the surgery. The results can last for a year or more.