Facial Feminization Surgery (FFS):
Facial Feminization Surgery (FFS) is performed as either a single or multiple of cosmetic procedures to change masculine facial features into more feminine appearance. FFS is a part of gender confirmation surgery. Once you have decided to make a change to live as a woman, looking feminine face is extremely important to the first impression. In general, the facial features of a woman and a man are visibly different. Only highly experienced and specialized surgeons can choose the best option for each individual to create the facial bone structure and soft tissue to be a feminine appearance.
The aim of Facial Feminization Surgery
Dr.Kamol’s principle of facial transformation surgery involves the concepts of fundamental aesthetics as follows:
1. The balance of facial proportions is related to the ratio of upper, middle, and lower face.
2. The balance of facial components is related to eyes, eyebrows, nose, cheeks and lips
3. Facial frame such as hairline, side cheeks, jaws and chin
4. The balance of facial bone and soft tissues will be considered.
5. Facial rejuvenation
The 8 mainly Features of Feminine Face
Face is a unique. There are many techniques and many factors that the professional surgeons will be considered and selected the best options that suite for each patient. Anyways, we will concentrate on the 7 mainly facial features to transform masculine face into feminine appearance as follow;
- The upper part, the main point is forehead
- The middle part, we concern nose, eyes, cheekbones (Zygoma)
- The lower part, we consider lips, Chin, Jaws, Adam’s apple
1. Forehead feminization
Forehead is the main point of upper facial part. There are 3 main differences between male and female forehead
- Male forehead features are wider and higher than female foreheads
- Male has a bony ridge across the forehead above the eyes, female has more smooth forehead
- Male forehead is more slope backward, whereas female is more vertical and round.
Surgical procedures will be recommended for a feminine forehead feature.
- Forehead shaving, Brow Bossing Surgery. (see more)
- Forehead Augmentation. (see more)
- Forehead reduction, scalp advancement, hairline lowering. (see more)
- Hair transplant with feminine hairline design. (see more)
Kamol hospital surgeon teams offer 3 techniques for forehead contouring, as follows;
|1. Forehead bone shaving||2. Forehead bone shaving with augmentation||3. Forehead compression|
2. Eyebrows feminization
There are 2 main differences between male and female eyebrows.
- Male eyebrows are thicker and a straighter shape whereas female eyebrows are more thin and arched
- Male eyebrows are lower than female eyebrows, eyebrows male is lower orbital eye rim, but female is above orbital eye rim.
Surgical procedures will be recommended for feminine eyebrows as follow;
- Brow Lift, Eyebrows lift, Forehead lift. (see more)
3. Nose Feminization
- Male nose has wider, longer whereas female nose is narrower and shorter.
- Men have arched or straight nose bridges, whereas female nose is more curved
Kamol Hospital offers 3 surgical procedures of feminine rhinoplasty as follow;
1.) Reduction Rhinoplasty
The procedure is usually preferred in Caucasians, to reduce hump, side bones, nasal tip, and the alarplasty. (see more)
2.) Augmentation Rhinoplasty
The procedure, involved nasal ridge and tip augmentation, is usually used in Asians. The materials for a nasal augmentation include silicone implant, ePTFE, ear cartilage, and rib cartilage. (see more)
3.) Combined technique of rhinoplasty
Some of non-Caucasians might need nasal ridge reduction and nasal tip augmentation to achieve more desirable results.
4. Cheekbones feminization
Kamol hospital offers 3 surgical procedures for cheekbones feminization;
5. Eyes feminization
The eyes are important to express emotion or feeling. The beautiful and eyes feminization are so bright. There are many differences between male and female eyes such as;
- Male eyes look more deep set than female
- Male eye look more closed or narrow while female look bigger and brighter.
Kamol hospital offers a surgical procedure for eyes feminization,
Cat eye (Almond eye) surgery
A cat eye operation is a type of surgery to create the eye lids more open and slant upward of the outer edge. The eyebrows may be raised in order to make optimal distance between eyes and eyebrows.
The cat eye operation is performed under local anesthesia and takes about 2-3 hours operation time. Levator palpebral muscle will be shorten, the outer canthus will be moved upward, and excess eyelid skin will be removed. The stitches will be removed after 5 days. The patients can open their eyes normally after surgery with light activity within a week after surgery.
6. Lips feminization
Kamol Hospital offers 3 surgical operations for feminine lips ;
1.) Feminine Lip Lift
2.) Lip enhancement
3.) Lip reduction and contouring
7. Adam’s Apple reduction (Tracheal shaving)
Adam’s apple is a male profile only. If you would like to feminine need to remove it.
Kamol hospital offer 2 techniques for Adam’s Apple shaving;
1.) Supra Thyroid incision technique
2.) Intra Oral incision (Scar less technique)
8. Chin and jaws feminization
- Male chin has wide and more protruding chins, while female chin have gently pointed and curved chin with less protruding features
- Male jaws have wide and large jaws with more prominent muscles and saliva glands, while female jaws have narrow jaws with invisible saliva gland.
Chin and Jaw Feminization
Chin and jaw feminization includes chin and jaw reduction, contouring and augmentation.
Kamol hospital offers 7 options for chin-jaw feminization, as follows;
Risks and Complication
- Nerve Injury
- Pain after surgery
- Loss some bone
How to prepare FFS
- Meet the professional surgeon discuss and choose the best options
- Physical examination
- Lab test
- Stop smoking, alcohol at least 2 week before surgery
- Stop some medicine the interfere bleeding such as aspirin, anti- coagulant.
Depend on the operation but basically care is as follow;
- Eating liquid or soft- food.
- Often keep clean in the mouth by mouth wash.
- Avoid smoking.
- Don’t over exercise within 1 month.
- Often take a pain killer medicine to control pain.
- You can normal back to school or work after surgery 2 weeks, the wound healing well within 4-8 weeks .
Facial feminization Surgery (FFS) can be important part of gender confirmation surgery, and improve the quality of life in male to female transgender.