Breast Augmentation / Breast Implant Surgery
in Bangkok, Thailand
Breast augmentation is a surgical procedure to enhance a small breast. For some women, a sexy breast look is essential for self-esteem. Breast augmentation surgery will improve your body and make them feel more confident. There are many techniques for breast augmentation, including breast implant and fat transfer.
Incision for Breast Augmentation
There are three standard incisions to insert the breast implants as follows;
1. The periareolar incision is an incision at the junction of the pigmented areolar skin and the natural breast skin. The incision for aesthetic surgery, but pass through the milk duct. The surgeon requires the incision1/3 of areolar. The advantage of this incision is the incision scar place on the border of pigmented skin that can camouflage.
2.Trans- axillary incision, which made in the under armpits, A 4-5 cm. The incision in a natural skin crease in the underarm area is used to create a submuscular pocket for the breast implant placement. This technique can lead the implant will be a little high, because it is hard to put the implant to the area the expected. The scar will be visible when raising the arms.
3. Inframammary incision. This area is the most common procedure 5-6 cm incisions for a breast implant, the inframammary crease incision at the base of the breast. This incision allows the most direct access to the submuscular or sub-glandular plane and avoids dissection through the milk ducts around the nipple. It is often an incision to require for the breast implant revision surgery. The scar will be visible.
Picture 1. Shows incision of breast implant
Breast Implant material
There are two basic types of breast implants; Saline and silicone gel, which need Food and Drug Administration approved (FDA approved).
- Saline –Filled implant s are silicone shells filled with saline. The saline implant is filled with saline during breast implant surgery.
- Silicone gel-filled implants are silicone shells filled with silicone. The gel implant feels more like real breasts than saline. They pose more of a risk if it leaks.
Both saline and silicone come in different sizes and have either smooth and textured shells. So please consult the broad certified plastic surgeon
The positioning of a Breast Implant.
We offer three positionings for placement of breast implants as follows;
- Subglandular pocket
- Submuscular pocket
- Biplanar pocket, Dual plane
1. beneath breast tissue (Subglandular pocket)
2. Under the chest cuscle (Subpectoral plane)
3. Position of implant: partly under the muscle, partly under breast tissue (dual plane)
A Good Candidate for Breast Augmentation
- Realistic in their expectation
- Psychologically stable
- Good physical health
- Not currently pregnant or nursing
- 18 years of age or older
Preparation for Breast Augmentation
- Consultation with the surgeon for your expectation and then chose the type of breast implant, size, incision area. The manufacturer of the implant you will be getting and keep the copies for your records. And physical examination, blood test, chest x-ray
- Stop smoking at least two weeks before and after surgery
- Stop taking any anti-inflammatory medications such as Aspirin, Ibuprofen at least two weeks. Also, avoid herbal supplements and vitamins which may increase with bleeding during and after surgery
Procedure for Breast Augmentation (Breast Implant)
- The operation is done during general anesthesia.
- After opening the incision, the surgeon will separate the breast tissue of your chest to create the pocket upper or lower the outermost muscle of the chest wall ( pectoral muscle) and then insert the implant into the pocket. The surgeon will create and adjust the shape by keeping the implants behind the center of the nipple, make balance the breast. If saline implants, they will insert the empty implant and filled sterile saline with the amount required.
- The surgeon will close the incision, and bandage it with the adhesive and surgical tape
The operation time is 1-2 hours
Postoperative Care for Breast Breast Augmentation
- Keep clean and dry the incision wound 2-3 days after surgery
- Take stitches off seven days after surgery
- You will need a follow-up appointment for 7 days, 14 days and one month
- You will need a massage for preventing the capsular contracture and adjusting the positioning implant, making balance shape at least one month to move around the breast, one hour every day
- While you are healing, you should wear a compression bandage or sports bra for extra support and positioning of the breast implant
- Sleeping with torso slightly elevated to control bruising and swelling
- Please don't lift the things over 2-3 kilograms within two months. The lifting will make the breast implants move it up
- Avoid the strenuous activities at least two weeks
- While the healing process, remember that your breast will be sensitive to physical contact or jarring movement at least two weeks
Recover for Breast Augmentation
You can return to regular activities within a few weeks, avoid strenuous activities for at least two weeks.
The breast implant might improve your body image and self-esteem, but keep your expectations realistic. Your breast will continue to age after breast implant. The weight loss or weight gain will change the breast look also. If you feel unsatisfied with the appearance of your breast, you might need more correction surgery.
Risk and Complication for Breast Augmentation
Any operation might be a complication, although a very rare includes
- Keloid from the incision scar
- Poor healing
- Infection, if you notice warmth and redness in your breast due to fever, you might have an infection, contact the surgeon as soon as possible
- Shortness breathe, or chest pain
- Decreased or Lost Sensation
- Capsular contracture might need the second surgery
- Skin waves, and sagging
- Implant Failure
- Risk from anesthesia