Wellness hormone therapy is hormone replacement therapy for aging people. As we move through the stages of life, our hormone levels fluctuate. Aging means that we produce more of some hormones and less of others. People can experience hormonal changes as they get older, such as menopause in women, andropause in men, subclinical hypothyroidism, and adrenal dysfunction. These conditions required special investigation and treatment with hormone replacement therapy and other specific supplementations.
Procedure of Wellness hormone therapy
- Consult hormonal therapist to achieve your expectation
- History taking, physical examination for liver and kidney function investigation
- After having laboratory results, the doctor will explain your hormonal conditions and prescribe specific hormonal replacement therapy or other necessary supplementations.
A good candidate for Wellness hormone therapy
The HRT recommend for patients who meet any of the following conditions
- Having menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes in women or decrease morning erection, libido in men
- Having a family history of osteoporosis or colon cancer
- Other treatments and strategies have not relieved your symptoms
Risk and complications
Hormones used in hormonal replacement therapy can have associated side effects, including:
- fluid retention
- breast tenderness or swelling
However, these symptoms are sporadic under specialist care
Post therapy follow-up
After start hormone replacement therapy. The doctor will have to schedule a follow-up plan to reevaluate the symptoms and hormonal levels. Most cases required three months interval follow-up.