Thigh Lift Surgery in Bangkok, Thailand
A Thigh lift is a procedure that removes excess skin and fat from either the inner or outer thighs. This is often a desirable procedure after extensive weight loss and when dieting or exercise fails to firm the loose skin. Liposuction may be used as an adjunct to the re-contouring of the inner thigh. If you are committed to maintaining a healthy lifestyle and moderate weight, a thigh lift can help you regain the youthful thigh contours you desire.
Preparation for Thigh lift surgery
2. Take certain medications or adjust your current medications as instructed by your surgeon
3. Refrain from smoking
4. Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements as they can increase bleeding
Thigh lift Procedure:
1. The surgery is performed under general anesthesia.
2. The surgeon marks the incisions necessary for removal of excess skin and fat. Depending on the amount of improvement you desire, the incision may extend all the way around the thigh or only part of the way around the inner thigh.
3. After the incision has been made, the surgeon elevates the skin and fat off of the underlying muscles of the thighs, then removes excess skin and fat for reshaping the thighs. Drains may be placed beneath the incision.
4. The incisions are carefully closed in multiple layers of strong sutures to minimize your scar. The surgeon uses a technique in which the sutures are placed beneath the skin and are absorbed by your body. You don’t have to undergo suture removal process. Thigh lift operation takes approximately 4-5 hours.
Candidate for Thigh lift
1. Individuals with significant soft tissue looseness in one or multiple body areas
2. Healthy individuals without medical conditions that impair healing or increase risk of surgery
3. Individuals with a positive outlook and realistic goals for what thigh lift surgery can accomplish
5. Individuals committed to leading a healthy lifestyle with proper nutrition and fitness
Figure 4: The inner thighs incision
Figure 5: The inner thighs scar
Figure 6: The outer thighs incision
Figure 7: The outer thighs scar
Operating time 4-5 hours
Thigh lift recovery:
A sterile dressing is applied to the incisions every day, and a compression garment is placed over your thighs at least 1 month. This compression garment helps support your legs during healing, decreases post-operative swelling, and helps decrease any bruising that may occur.
Risks and complications:
1. Incision scars
2. Incision scar is quite long, and wound dressings is required every day to prevent infection.
3. Patients must wear compression garments are required 24 hours every day for at least one month. This helps supporting your legs during healing, decreasing post-operative swelling and preventing scar.
4. Poor wound healing
5. Fluid accumulation (seroma)
6. Damage the deeper structures such as nerves, blood vessels and muscles
7. The fatty tissue under the skin might die (fat necrosis)
8. Numbness or change in the skin sensation
9. Pain, which may persist