in Bangkok, Thailand
High cheekbones are a universal symbol of attraction and beauty across most cultures. Cheek Augmentation and Cheek implants are cosmetic surgical procedures to enhance the cheeks making your face beautiful, youthful, balanced and attractive. There are many techniques for cheek enhancement such as solid implant or injection by filler or your own fat.
Despite some differences in women's cheekbones, it is possible to alter the appearances of men's cheekbones to achieve a more feminine look. Men's cheekbones tend to be low, rectangular, and flat, whereas the softer and curvier features of women's cheekbones create glow and radiance.
There are many materials for Cheek implants surgery including:
- Gore-tex (e-PTFE)
- PMMA (Customized Implant)
Figure 1: Cheekbone Implant
A Good Candidate for Cheek Implant
- Has flat cheeks in need of more definition and fullness.
- At an age where facial growth is complete.
- Physically healthy.
- Doesn't smoke.
- You have a positive outlook and realistic goals in mind for the improvement of your appearance.
Cheek Implants Preparation
Consult with the surgeon to discuss procedures and your goals.
- Discuss medical history
- Physical examination and lab test.
- Avoid medications containing aspirin or ibuprofen for two weeks before and after surgery as these medications may increase bleeding. Avoid herbal remedies and over-the-counter supplements.
- Stop smoking and drinking alcohol for 2 weeks before the surgery and for weeks after the surgery as smoking seriously impairs healing.
Cheek Implants Procedure
The surgeon will usually make the incision in the upper mouth near the top of the gum line and slide the implants into place. Another technique is to make an external incision near the lower eye but most patients do not choose this method since it can create a visible scar. Cheek implant surgery is usually performed under sedation or general anesthetic and takes about one to two hours. The patient may stay one night at the hospital after the surgery. The recovery period is around one week.
Figure 2: Positioning of Cheekbone Implant
Risks and complications for Cheek implants:
Whilst rare the following are associated with cheek implant surgery:
- Poor Healing
- Risk from Anesthesia
- Skin Discoloration
- Fat Loss
- Cheek Implant Displacement
- Poor Aesthetic Result
Post-operative Care for Cheek implant
- Elevate your head and apply the ice pack to decrease bleeding and swelling.
- Use a facial bandage (provided) to reduce swelling.
- Eat a soft diet.
- Use month wash often for the first week to keep clean and prevent infection.
- Follow up consultations with the surgeon.
Recovery for Cheek implant
- You can go back to work seven days after surgery.
- You can exercise one month after surgery.
- You can take ashower after 24 hours.
- The final results can be seen in approximately 2-3 months