Body Sculpting Surgery
in Bangkok, Thailand
Body sculpting surgery is an aesthetic surgical procedure to reshape their bodies by liposuction. The areas that over fat, such as flank, thighs, abdominals, arms, buttocks, and back, include fat grafting in some areas that need more volume. The surgeon will design and create a new body shape to balance with their structure.
We are born with a different proportion of the body and different ways of fat distribution. In females, we can categorize them into four groups:
- I or Ruler shape: the breast, hip, and waist have almost the same proportion. The body line is more like a straight line. The fat distributes throughout the body.
- V or Cone Shape: this body type has a broad shoulder with a small hip. Fat distribution for this type of body concentrate on breast, shoulder and face
- A or Spoon Shape: This body shape has small breasts and fat deposits at waist, buttock, and thigh.
- X or Hourglass Shape: breast and hip have the same width with a waist size of more than 9 inches smaller than the two.
Picture 1. Shows body proportion in females.
In Male, there are three types of body proportions:
- Ectomorph: small bone, muscle, and shoulder. Small amount of fat.
- Endomorph: large bone, muscle, and a large amount of fat, but muscle was hard to visualize.
- Mesomorph: a good proportion of bone, muscle, and fat. Muscle is prominent is this body figure.
Picture 2. Shows body proportion in Male
A good candidate for body sculpting surgery
- Man or woman who has fat not too much but prefer a perfect shape
- A realistic expectation for body sculpting
- A person who has firm, elastic skin, and right muscle tone
Preparation for body sculpting surgery
- Consult with the surgeon about your goal, then physical examination, lab test chest x-ray, and adjust your current medication to confirm you are available to surgery.
- Stop smoking
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs, and herbal supplements as they can increase bleeding
- Adjust some medication before surgery
Procedure for body sculpting surgery
- Step for anesthesia, we offer sedation or general anesthesia.
- After anesthesia, the incision will be around 1 cm. The number of incisions depends on the number of areas to operate. A tumescent solution will be put in the operational areas. Traditional liposuction utilizes a hollow tube to remove the fat, and the Laser and Ultrasonic Technique use a laser or ultrasonic energy to dissolve that fat before it removes. Some area needs fat transfer to make more volume and design and create the body shape to balance the proportion.
- Close the incision by suture.
Postoperative care for body sculpting surgery
- It is usual for bloody fluid to drain on clothes and sheets for the first 24 to 72 hours after surgery. The liquid is put into the area before liposuction to make fat removal safest for you.
- A compression garment should wear at all times except during showering. Compression garments reduce swelling and speed up your recovery. Your plastic surgeon will let you know when you can stop wearing the compression garment.
- Try to resume your routine activities at home. The light activities will also help to keep fluids moving in the body and reduce swelling.
- You can shower 24-48 hours after surgery, but you need to put the garment back on which may be difficult, make sure you have someone to help you. When you shower, you can run soap and water over the areas without scrubbing. The surgical area should be gently dried with a clean towel.
- Avoid still (non-running) water for two weeks after surgery. Don't allow the wound to be wet, including baths, swimming pools, hot tubs, lakes, oceans, etc.
- Postoperative massage to remove the seroma to the lymphatic system
- Routine activity is not prohibited.
- Exercise should start at around two weeks.
- Follow up all appointments.
- Take stitches off for seven days after surgery.
Risk and complication for body sculpting surgery
- Seroma Treatment: Seromas treatment is medical competence
- Drainage with a syringe,
- Placement of drain,
- Placement of substances like tetracycline to induce sclerosis,
- Revisional surgery to remove the seroma capsule
- Drainage with a syringe,
- Thromboembolism: The Pulmonary Thromboembolism ( PTE ) is a clinical-pathological situation triggered by the pulmonary artery obstruction. It is a defect of oxygen in the lungs. Necessary to keep track of a patient's vital signs as well as oxygen saturation.
- Infection: It detects by fever, chills, pain.
- Anemia: Happens in these cases by loss of blood combined with liposuction fat.
- Hematoma: a collection of blood, caused by broken blood vessels.
- Fat embolism: the blockage of a blood vessel by an embolus fat.
- Laceration of the skin
- Fibrosis: the thickening and scarring of tissue
- Poor healing