Nose Job Surgery in Bangkok, Thailand
Augmentation Rhinoplasty, Nose Implant:
Typically, women’s noses are nicely curved, narrow, and smaller. By comparison, men’s noses often have a protruding hump at the middle, known as the nasal hump. Their bones are generally thicker and wider, projecting a strong appearance. In addition, some have long nose tip with wide, thick nostrils. For individual consideration, our surgeons offer the following rhinoplasty (nose job) procedures, which vary with each patient, depending on their needs.
I. Augmentation Rhinoplasty:
Figure 1. Augmentation Rhinoplasty
To have more attractive face, it must consist of a well-proportioned forehead, nose and chin. Thus, the nose is an important facial feature. If we have a beautiful nose that suits our face, this presents an elegant personal image, contributing to immense self-confidence.
An Asian tends to have wide, flat nose, with large and disproportionate nostrils size. This does not suit a small and narrow face. Therefore, Augmentation Rhinoplasty and Alarplasty are available in surgical procedures to help lift the ridge of the nose and make it more attractive. Nowadays, there are safe methods of Augmentation Rhinoplasty that are broadly accepted in the field of surgery using silicone, which is permanent and will not disintegrate over time. It can also be completely removed without injuring the body.
The duration of the surgery is about 45 minutes to 1 hour by local anesthesia or sedation
Material used in Augmentation Rhinoplasty:
- Soft silicone
- e-PTFE sheet
- Body tissue such as bone cartilage
- PMMA Customized Implant
Preparation for Nose Implant
Augmentation rhinoplasty or Nose implant, normally, before schedule, you must meet the surgeon to discuss important factors includes
- medical history
- A physical examination and lab test.
- You'll need to arrange for someone to drive you home if you're having an outpatient surgery.
- Avoid medications containing aspirin or ibuprofen for two weeks before and after surgery. These medications may increase bleeding. Take only those medications approved or prescribed by your surgeon. Also avoid herbal remedies and over-the-counter supplements.
- Stop smoking. Smoking slows the healing process after surgery and may make you more likely to get an infection.
What you can expect
Augmentation Rhinoplasty does not have an ordered series of steps. Each surgery is unique and customized for the specific anatomy and goals of the person having the surgery.
Process of Augmentation Rhinoplasty
- Local anesthesia or sedation the surgeon will recommend the best choice to you.
- Incision scar, the surgery is performed either open and close procedure, but close technique can hide the scar. Open technique, the incision is made across the columella.
- Put the implant on the dorsal bone, adjust the shape to balance the original nose, and face.
- Close the incision.
Risk and complication
- Swelling, bruising, pain
- Healing problem
- Increase or reduce sensation
- Unsatisfactory result
- Allergic reaction
- Risk from anesthetic
Plan to take a week off from work, school or other obligations. You will feel progressively better each day during the first week. One week after surgery, people usually feel like they are themselves again. People are usually back to performing most activities after a week and resuming all activities after two to four weeks.
Post - operative care
- Stitches inside the nose is absorbable suture, will dissolve on their own. Stitches outside have to be removed after surgery 5-7 days
- Need to rest in bed with up your head higher than your chest, to reduce bleeding and swelling. The surgeon tapes a splint to your nose for protection and support about one week
- Avoid strenuous activities such as aerobics and jogging.
- Take baths instead of showers while you have bandages on your nose.
- Not blow your nose.
- Avoid extreme facial expressions, such as smiling or laughing.
- Brush your teeth gently to limit movement of your upper lip.
- Don't rest eyeglasses or sunglasses on your nose for at least four weeks after the surgery, to prevent pressure on your nose
- Swelling or bruising of your eyelids can occur for two to three weeks after surgery.
- Limiting your dietary sodium will help the swelling go away faster.
- Don't put anything such as ice or cold packs on your nose after surgery
Figure 5: The Area to Be Removed to Decrease the Nostrils Size
Figure 6: Alarplasty with Septoplasty
Figure 7: Incision Lines
Alarplasty is used in the case of patients with abnormally large and wide nostrils. Such features can be rectified by surgery, using local anesthesia at the specific location.
The surgery generally takes about 30 minutes and involves the trimming of lower edges of the nostrils, depending on the form / shape.