Nose Job Surgery
in Bangkok, Thailand
Augmentation rhinoplasty (nose implant):
There are typically some differences between men’s and women’s noses. Women’s noses are usually nicely curved, narrower, and smaller. By comparison, men’s noses often have a protruding hump at the middle, known as the nasal hump. Their bones are generally thicker and wider, projecting a strong appearance. In addition, some have long nose tip with wide, thick nostrils. For your consideration, our surgeons offer the following range rhinoplasty (nose job) procedures, to suit a variety of patients and their individual needs.
I. Augmentation Rhinoplasty:
Figure 1. Augmentation Rhinoplasty
The nose is an important feature of an attractive face, which consists of well-proportioned forehead, nose and chin. A nose that suits the owner’s face presents an elegant image and helps boost confidence and self-esteem.
An Asian tends to have wide, flat nose, with large and disproportionate nostril size. This does not suit a small and narrow face. Therefore, augmentation rhinoplasty and alarplasty may be considered to help lift the ridge of the nose and make it more attractive. Nowadays, there are safe methods of augmentation rhinoplasty that are widely accepted in the field of surgery using silicone implant, which is permanent and will not disintegrate over time. It can also be completely removed without causing any injury.
The duration of the surgery is about 45 minutes to one hour under local anesthesia or
Material used in Augmentation Rhinoplasty:
- Soft silicone
- e-PTFE sheet
- Body tissue such as bone cartilage
- PMMA Customized Implant
Preparation for Nose Implant
Before augmentation rhinoplasty or nose implant can be scheduled, you must meet with the surgeon to discuss important factors including:
- Medical history
- Physical examination and lab test.
- Transportation arrangement (e.g. someone to drive you home) if you are having an outpatient surgery
- Avoid medications containing aspirin or ibuprofen for two weeks before and after surgery, as these medications may increase bleeding. Take only medications approved or prescribed by your surgeon. Also avoid herbal remedies and over-the-counter supplements.
- Stop smoking, as smoking slows down the healing process after surgery and may make increase the risk of infection.
What you can expect
Augmentation rhinoplasty does not have an ordered series of steps. Each surgery is unique and customized for the specific anatomy and goals of each patient.
Process of Augmentation Rhinoplasty
- Local anesthesia or sedation may be used, subject to your surgeon’s recommendation
- Incision is made according to different techniques, which may be either open or close procedure. Close technique can hide the scar. In open technique, the incision is made across the columella.
- The implant is put on the dorsal bone, its shape adjusted to balance with the original nose and the overall face.
- Incision is closed.
Risk and complication
- Swelling, bruising, pain
- Healing problem
- Increase or reduce sensation
- Unsatisfactory result
- Allergic reaction
- Risk from anesthetic
Plan to take a week off from work, school or other obligations. You will feel progressively better each day during the first week. One week after surgery, patients usually feel like themselves again. People are usually back to performing most activities after a week and resuming all activities after two to four weeks.
Post - operative care
- Stitches inside the nose is absorbable suture, which will dissolve on their own. Stitches outside have to be removed after 5-7 days after surgery.
- Keep your head elevated above your chest when in bed to reduce bleeding and swelling. The surgeon will tape a splint to your nose for protection and support for about one week
- Avoid strenuous activities such as aerobics and jogging.
- Take baths instead of showers while you have bandages on your nose.
- Do not blow your nose.
- Avoid extreme facial expressions, such as smiling or laughing.
- Brush your teeth gently to limit movement of your upper lip.
- Don'rest eyeglasses or sunglasses on your nose for at least four weeks after the surgery, to prevent pressure on your nose
- Swelling or bruising of your eyelids can occur for two to three weeks after surgery.
- Limiting your dietary sodium will help the swelling go away faster.
- Do not put anything such as ice or cold packs on your nose after surgery
Figure 5: The area to be removed to decrease the nostrils size
Figure 6: Alarplasty with septoplasty
Figure 7: Incision lines
Alarplasty is used in the case of patients with abnormally large and wide nostrils. Such features can be rectified by surgery, using local anesthesia.
The surgery generally takes about 30 minutes and involves the trimming of lower edges of the nostrils, depending on the form and shape.