MTF Breast / Feminine Breast Augmentation
in Bangkok, Thailand
Breast augmentation has been a mainstay of plastic surgery for many years but what many people don’t realise is that it is significantly more complicated to perform breast augmentation on biologically male chests than on biologic women. The anatomy is quite different and an expert is needed. The chest is wider, the size of the nipples and the areolar is smaller and nipple positioning is in a different place too, it is not in the middle of the chest but the side, 1/3 of the haft of thorax width. A specialist in surgery on transgender patients should undertake this surgery because the results are very often bad and in need of revision when done by regular plastic surgeons without the adequate experience to make transgender breasts look natural and beautiful. Every year we perform hundreds of breast revision surgeries on people who went to regular surgeons without the required expertise. They were all promised great results but it's vital to have an expert in this field.
The patient should be on hormones (Estrogen) for at least one year as this stimulates breast mass, fat, and tissue and makes the breasts grow. It is exceptionally rare for hormone therapy alone to make the breasts the shape and size desired by transgender people. MTF breast augmentation is essential to create the femanine body you should have been born with. Our surgeons have done thousands of breast augmentations surgeries and specialise in making them look perfect with the correct balance with the chest, shoulders, the correct nipple position and the best implant type and size. You will have beautiful natural looking breasts with us because it’s what we are experts in doing.
Picture 1. Shows the positioning and size of a nipple in male and female
A unique technique and high experience of the surgeon will make the balance of the breast both side, the nipple and areolar will be adjusted to balance with the shape, size, and shoulder completely
Picture 2. Shows the incisions of breast augmentation
There are 3 available locations for the incision:
- Periareolar incision - around the nipple.
- Transaxillary incision - in the armpit.
- Inframammary incision - The crease under the breast.
The choice of incisions depends on several factors including how much enlargement the patient wants, the patient’s anatomy, the type of implant they want and the requirements of the surgeon. We will always endeavor to do the least invasive surgery with little or no scar.
The positioning of breast implants
- The implant is under breast mass.
- The implant is under chest wall muscle.
- The implant is Dual Plane, a combination of breast mass and muscle.
Picture 3. Shows the positioning of breast implants.
A Good Candidate for MTF Breast Augmentation
- Has taken hormones for at least one year before surgery.
- Has realistic expectations.
- Aged over 18.
Preparation for MTF Breast Augmentation
- Consult with the surgeon to choose the most suitable option for your goals, anatomy and to get the best possible result.
- Undergo physical examination to ensure no health conditions may affect the surgery.
- Stop some medicines that interfere with blood clotting such as aspirin, Ibuprofen and some vitamins and herbs at least two weeks before surgery.
Procedure for MTF Breast Augmentation
- The surgery is performed under general anaesthetic.
- The incision is made and the surgeon makes the pocket to insert the implant. The breasts are adjusted to create the best shape and the incision is closed with layered stitches.
The operation time is around 1-2 hours.
Postoperative Care for MTF Breast Augmentation
- Keep the wound area clean and avoid getting the wound wet for a few days after surgery.
- Stitches are removed seven days after surgery.
- Ensure you keep all follow up appointments with the surgeon.
- Perform a breast massage every day for at least three months to prevent capsular contracture.
- Use the provided compression garment for at least 1-2 months after surgery.
- Don't carry or lift anything over 2-3 kg for at least two months to prevent the implant move up
Risk and complications for MTF Breast Augmentation
Risks and complications for breast augmentations are rare but those associated are as follows:
- Poor healing
- Scarring may be thick, red and sore, sometimes requiring future surgery.
- Decreased or Lost Sensation in breast, the nipple, or both- usually temporary.
- Capsular contracture is hardened scar tissue around the implant which can cause pain and distort the shape of the implant.
- Implant Failure
- Risk from anesthesia
After your breast implant surgery you will feel pain around the chest for a few days. This can be treated with strong painkillers which we will provide. You may feel uncomfortable with pain when you move for a few days as the muscles recover and adapt. It will become significantly better after a week. You can resume normal exercise after two months. You should massage your breasts every day to prevent capsular contracture.