Breast Lift Surgery/ Mastopexy
in Bangkok, Thailand
A woman’s breasts profile often changes the shape, size, or ptosis. Because of losing skin elasticity and firmness leads to breast ptosis. Breast lift or Mastopexy is a surgical procedure to upward, reshape, and tighten the breasts. Sometimes the areola becomes too oversize. The surgeon will reduce to balance at the same operation. A breast lift cannot make the upper part of the breast looks fuller.
In some cases, they need breast augmentation with a breast lift. In some cases, the breast size is too big when compared with the body. The patients require breast reduction surgery with a breast lift.
Breast Lift Technique
Picture 1. Shows the degee of posis breast
A variety of incision patterns that will be determined from breast size and shape and the size and position of areolar includes a degree of ptosis and skin elasticity. Kamol Cosmetic Hospital Bangkok offers 3 incision patterns for Breast lift procedure as follows;
- The incision around areolar (O- Scar)
Picture 2. Shows breast lift by incision scar around areola (O-scar)
Breast Lift by Keyhole Scar
- The incision around areolar and vertical down from the areolar to the breast crease (Keyhole- Scar)
Picture 3. Shows breast lift by keyhole scar
Breast Lift by Inverted T-Scar
- The incision around areolar, vertical down from the areolar to breast crease and horizontally along the breast crease. ( Inverted T -Scar)
Picture 4. Shows breast lift by inverted T-scar
A good candidate for breast lift surgery
You will be the right candidate if you have..
- Feeling your breasts sag or lost shape and volume
- A flatter breast, elongated shape or pendulous
- The nipples fall below the breast crease
- The nipples and areolar point downward
- Stretched skin and enlarge areolar
- One breast is lower than the other.
- Physically healthy and stable weight.
Preparation for Breast lift surgery
- Consult with the surgeon to your goals, lab test, and medical evaluation
- Stop smoking at least two weeks before and after surgery
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements that may increase bleeding
Procedure for Breast lift
- Anesthesia, we offer general anesthesia
- The incisions, we offer three incision patterns, depending on the degree of ptosis—the areolar and nipple position. The surgeon marks the incision following the design required.
- After opening the incision, breast tissue is lifted and adjusted the shape. The nipples and areolas are moved them up to a natural look. If the patient has enlarged areolas, they reduced by excising areolas skin. The excess breast tissue and skin removed to tightening.
- Sutures breast tissue to create the breast shape by absorbable sutures, then skin sutures or medical tape to close the skin.
Post-operative care for Breast lift surgery
The post-operative care for a breast lift is similar to breast augmentation, to minimize any post-operative discomfort after surgery can be done as follows;
- You should wear a compression bra for extra support and positioning to prevent fluid accumulation, control swelling.
- Sleeping with torso slightly elevated to control bruising and swelling
- The dressing will be applied to the incisions until stitches off seven days after surgery.
- Keep clean and dry the incision every day.
- Take medicine for pain relief.
- Take stitches off seven days after surgery.
- You will need a follow-up every appointment
- Avoid the strenuous activities at least two weeks
Risk and complication for breast implant revision
Any operation might be complications include
- Keloid from the incision scar
- Poor healing
- Infection, if you notice warmth and redness in your breast due to fever, you might have an infection, contact the surgeon as soon as possible
- Decreased or lost sensation
- Capsular contracture might need the second surgery
- Risk from anesthesia
Recovery for Breast lift surgery
The recovery is similar to breast implant revision, with minimal discomfort. However, The length of the breast lift will depend on the type of incision performed.
- Recovery after breast lift with the O-scar. The patients feel mild discomfort for a few days. They can return to work within a few days.
- Recovery after breast lift with keyhole- scar or Inverted T scar may take more time, maybe 4-5 days. The discomfort symptoms include Pain, stiffness, swelling, and bruising. It may take several weeks or months to settle the final result, such as numbness tingling around the incision.
- Recovery after breast implant replacement with lifting, the recovery time will take more time for discomfort, can return to work, maybe one week. The patients need to take a compression bra to support to improve swelling, excrete seroma, and to keep the positioning.
During the breast lift recovery, patients should avoid moderate to strenuous exercise and heavy lifting at least six weeks.